Monday, May 25, 2015

the end of the beginning

okay, I know, everything's a vent post these days, and I've barley posted this month, but what else is a junior in high school supposed to do besides cut out anything that might bring joy to their consistent stress-con ??
As the end of my junior year of high school approaches, various important tests seem to pop up every other day (taking the SATS in like 7 days lol) (not ready). In my genius way of handling this, I've been a blob of nothing who does nothing (literally nothing) but watch netflix and mope about, getting paler by the day, avoiding all reasonable responsibility. It's not even that bad really, for me. I don't have a job at the moment (or a car, it broke down, its supposed to be ready tomorrow, but god knows my father will haggle at the price with the guy and make things more fun), or any sports or big-time commitments. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, its just the impending deadlines and life stuff happening all the time.

ANYWAY, I'm really going to try and stop complaining here.

My prom was totally last weekend, and although my night turned into a hot, sticky mess, I def enjoyed the photo-ops and how confident I felt about myself that night (40 minutes in front of the mirror, putting goop on your face meticulously has that effect on me) heres some super-teenage prom pics for you to enjoy.

me and my bf!!!
me and my bf again 

jus me



pals (this is snapchat so it sucks sorry)

more pals
main prom selfie


fashionable at prom


Here are some crappy school lighting iPhone camera-app scans of the pictures I took of Katie while I was in Montreal last.
i had an extra sheet of paper so i did this one on a whim so its not as good #judgementfreezone

contour/cheekbones on fleek

KT doin her makeup thang..this one is my fav.. i had to burn & dodge it like a PRO 
I'm going to Montreal again for another weekend visit in mid-June. I'm taking some of my American friends this time and hopefully they'll get to meet some Canadians.

I honestly attempted to film a makeup tutorial yesterday but it was all overexposed and you couldn't even see what was going on my face, so maybe I'll try that again later. I've been wanting to try and get a little bit more involved in youtube because I've gotten so obsessed with so many different youtubers lately, but I'm just not sure I have what it takes. I'm also a really busy student so I'm not sure if I would have time (especially this upcoming fall) to keep a channel updated with edited videos all the time. Plus, I'm not totally sure what I would film about. I'm not loaded enough to be filming makeup and fashion hauls all the time. I'll give it a go in the summertime if I'm feeling the boredom one day.
I'm thinking my next post will finally be something cute & fun, like my spring/summer fashion built around what I might be doing with the day. stay tuned for that, I promise now that summer is just around the corner I will have more interesting/cheerful posts. My fellow juniors know this pain. Lets stick together, we can do it! not crying at all right now

No comments:

Post a Comment