Friday, April 3, 2015

march favorites

I loved so many cool different things this month. From fashion, to beauty, to Youtubers, to TV shows, I've actually tried a lot of new things this month. I'm not sure exactly why, but I've been doing a lot of soul searching and thinking lately about what I want to do with my life, and I think with that thinking I've kind of branched out in the small-scale stuff in a search for inspiration.

On with the favorites though,
I'll start with the sort of... miscellaneous stuff
I've been loving KathleenLights's channel. I'm trying to decide how to do my prom makeup, and she has been such a help. She's also just straight up adorable and funny and fun to watch in general. She's great at suggesting drugstore/e.l.f. products that really give high-end results. Which I love, because so many beauty guru's on Youtube make recommendations on really expensive, high-end stuff and its like, I'm 17 with no job at the moment, just living off the money I get from my parents ATM. I can't be spending $40 on highlighters every week. Kathleen honestly understands that tons of her viewers can't always be affording high end, and she makes a huge effort to look for the best affordable stuff that gives similar/exact results as a high end product. Also I love her.

I mentioned in another post that I've been watching a ton of Zoella, and I haven't stopped at all. I literally went out and bought the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 111 that she wears a lot because she says its her favorite red lipstick (its pretty great). She's sooo cute and I've been watching her vlogs and main channel videos alike religiously. I've even worn my hair in a high messy bun like she does sometimes and I've really liked the way it looks, and I've gotten compliments. The video on how to do that is right here. Anyway, I love her A WHOLE LOT and I've been taking a lot of style inspo from her recently. Also, I'm so jealous of her and Louise's friendship. I can't wait to find my chummy. I love her and the positive things she brings to my life honestly. I'm not at all exaggerating when I say watching just one of her videos brightens my mood by many, many mood... points.
how lovely is she? *whining emoji* 


For all my fellow second-semester juniors in high school out there, SAT Up is a really great app to get on your phone if you have a million things going on and you don't always have time to sit down everyday and do book work to study for the upcoming SATs (ew gag barf). Its basically like 13 total SAT questions a day that you can do on your phone in about 10 minutes. It's just a little daily workout that shows your progress with every little workout, as well as little synonym games and stuff. It makes studying just a little bit more fun and intuitive. Well, as fun and intuitive as you can make it.

Fresh Off The Boat- TV Show
Girl Online- Book
Grand Budapest Hotel- Movie
My Nikon N2000 film camera with color film
MESSY BUNS!!! UGHH
Guacamole. just guacamole.

Now for the super exciting stuff: beauty/fashion


  • E.L.F. makeup brushes. I have been on the hunt for some great, cheap makeup brushes because I'm poor and teenaged. The E.L.F. stipple brush and small tapered brush are two that I just got and they're fantastic.
  • The Loreal Magic Lumi Primer. Holy shit you guys. I love this stuff, it honestly makes me RADIATE. My makeup also stays on noticeably longer, and I look so glowy and healthy. I will forever repurchase this stuff. 

  • E.L.F. baked highlighter in Blush Gems. It's gorgeous and I love it. I'm wearing it in the photo below on my cheeks and nose.

I loved this springy/glowy look.

  • The E.L.F. Mist & Set. (ELF is a big fav this month, if you can't tell. I did a huge haul.) So great to spray your brush with to intensify highlights/eyeshadows, and to prolong the wear of your makeup. I've heard its a dupe for MAC's spray-thing. I've never tried the MAC one, but I love the $3 E.L.F. spray. 
  • The E.L.F. Studio Blush in Candid Coral. I usually hate blush. But I don't hate this blush. Im wearing it in the picture above. Good blush.
  • NYC Black Liquid Liner. It stays all day on my lids (rare) and is super easy to use. A little bit gets in my eyelashes, but it was like $3 and one of the best matte-looking liquid liners I've ever used. 
  • NYX Wonderstick in Universal. SOOO good for affordable cream contouring. Love it. Super easy to use, with a beautiful finish. 
  • Maybelliene FIT Me Foundation in Dewey & Smooth. It's so dewey and pretty, it really gives your skin a nice glow with a fair amount of coverage. 
  • NYX Matte Lip Creams!!!! oh my god, these have taken over my life. The shade "London" is my favorite right now. It's a really pretty brown-y nude, which I usually hate, but I love this one. All the NYX Matte Lip Creams smell like cake and look amazing. I'm wearing one in the above picture in "San Paulo".
  • Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks. They're great. I've recently got back into them after a brief hiatus, thanks to Zoe Sugg's (Zoella) recommendation of the perfect red lipstick, Kate Moss 111. 
  • Burt's Bees Original Lip Balm
  • Evian Facial Spray 
  • My NuMe Magic Wand Curling Iron 25 mm. Its literally amazing. My hair looked soo beachy-wavy for like, two days. I'll probably be doing my hair for prom with it. I got mine with a discount code so it was only $28. I curled it also in the picture above, although there isn't a ton of hair in that picture, you basically get the idea. Sooo pretty, I got tons of compliments. I bet with a little sea-salt spray, the waves would be perfectly beachy/relaxed. Shoutout to RetailMeNot.com for that one. 
As far as fashion favorites this month, I started out wearing a lot of black and greys, but on the nicer, warmer days, I leaned towards some slightly more cheerful pastels and pinks, as you can see in the photo above, I was wearing a really pretty water-colory looking floral top that I got lots of compliments on, because I've been dressing so goth lately. My inner goth is still there tho, no lie. I'm just so ready for the spring and sun that I'm hoping bringing some of those springy colors will bring on that cheerful weather a bit faster. And don't tell anyone, but I literally love pastels. They instantly cheer me up and I think they're the most gorgeous colors. I've been loving painting my nails some pastel lookin shades as of late. Really light baby pinks make my day, honestly. 
I've been wearing my heavy black Docs with these girlier outfits too, just to add that little touch of rebellion. 
I'm also obviously really looking forwards to my prom, and I've been looking at a ton of shoes to go with my all-black dress with an open, lacy back. I've really been leaning towards heels with a strap at the ankle because I think they're soo chic-looking. 

Hopefully, I'll be going to Montreal during my spring break this months and I'll be able to take loads of pictures with my friends up there and post them! I'll also dress super fashionably and look on fleek all day every day. I'll make sure to keep it updated with you guys!


ALSO, let me know if you have any suggestions for a prom makeup look for me, because I totally cannot decide what to do! Lots of love
Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is such a good post!!! <3

    http://kneesocksellen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you! it took awhile for sure :* xox

      Delete