Tuesday, April 21, 2015

for the first time in forever

So I took a much-needed visit to my Montreal to see friends and get out of the boring small-town life for a few days. I put in some mad effort towards my outfits and makeup to strut around shopping with my Canadian hunny Katie.
Unfortunately, we had to leave a day early because my travel partner (Mom) forgot some important meds and I was feeling pretty under the weather myself (currently lying in bed for the 7th hour rn)
I took a ton of film pictures which should be done by next week sometime if I actually don't procrastinate. They're mostly all of Katie and maybe one or two of Grace just before I left.

we tried to take as many selfies as possible between shopping excursions  


katie & sarah mirror duo

trying stuff on at American Apparel, lowkey hoping they'd ask me to model for them, but alas, no.

klassic katie

showcasing my immense facial effort

view from my father's less-than glamorous 9th floor apartment. yes I shot this from a mattress on the floor. no bed for him. my father is a caveman. i did not sleep.

pretty good view tho
I did some pretty serious shopping while I was there, I hit up Topshop alone while I was waiting for Grace (we only had one lunch date since I had to leave early and I'm mad about that bc i love that bitch). I got some more unnecessary black high waisted pants (they were reasonably priced and they were like a black version of the american apparel easy jean, ok???) and some adorable socks, and this gorgeous powder blue crop top. i vow to not be afraid of rockin some crop this summer.


it looks sort of grey here and that upsets me because it really the most gorg powder blue color you've ever seen.
I would show you the pants if I knew how, they're just basic black high-waisted pants from Topshop.
I also copped that recently very popular American Apparel Julliard top in this amazing baby pink color. Its really flattering on me and I'm obsessed with it.
At Sephora I grabbed the Kat Von tattoo liner since I heard some great things about it, and the Anastasia Brow Pomade because Katie had it, and I used it, and the rest is history. Additionally, I grabbed the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and concealer while I was there, because its one of my favorite foundations/concealers of all time and it's only available in Canada in North America. I got them in London when I went in September (when I was slightly more tan, sigh), and I rationed it, not knowing when I would get another one. I finally got some more in my current skintone, and now I can use that one I got in London once the sun/self tanner comes out to play. I highly recommend you pick those up if you're near a Canadian/European drug store anytime soon.

This was a much needed visit out of Stowe, and I my hopes have been somewhat raised about going to Uni here in a bigger Canadian city since it would actually be affordable for me. We're working on some dual-citizen stuff, so hopefully Canadian school would work. McGill is close to my heart if you know me, since my father is a professor there, so that would be lovely, if I got in that is. Montreal is a beaaaautiful city that I've been visiting my whole life because of my father's job and our friends there. It's wonderful to be considering it for my future, because its a reasonably large city that isn't too overwhelmingly huge like NYC, yet there is still a sense of community. It's also wonderfully cultured with all sorts of different kinds of people, which I find wonderful, since I've grown up in such isolated towns without much variation in people.
It's only about 2 /2.5 hours away from where I live, and I hope to visit loads more during the summer to see my friends there, because I definitely don't see them enough, and they're amazing people that I love. I can't wait to go back!




No comments:

Post a Comment