Saturday, May 9, 2015

making it through may

I'm sorry I haven't been so active. It's just that I'm a second-semester Junior and I kind of feel like my body  is going to explode, just combust into ashes every time I get assigned more work or reminded of the work I have left to do. I feel sort of creatively dead. I keep meaning to write here, or even just jot some ideas down in a notebook. When I get stressed out, I just try not to feel it by pretending my responsibilities aren't happening and I just shut down and do something totally unproductive, like watching Scandal for 5 hours straight. I know this is starting to sound a lot like my last post, but it's not, I just wanted to get that out before I shared a few things that have been getting me through the past few weeks, and what will hopefully keep me afloat for the next month or so.

I just mentioned Scandal. I've been binge-watching it this week, and I've really gotten into it. I can't give away any spoilers, but its just dope.

I've also been reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer (rather slowly, I might add). I'm still not incredibly far into it, but it's nice to be reading something that I have to constantly analyze to understand for school. It's about a cyborg girl in the distant future living in what I presume is China. It's basically a super futuristic, dystopian Cinderella story. It's an on-trend plot for teen books right now, which I've somewhat been sucked into. Defs recommend.

My Steve Madden Birkenstock-style sandals. They're SO comfortable and I can wear cool socks with them ironically. I've been living in them in this super-warm weather and totally obsessing with this semi-ugly-sandal trend that was sort of more last summer. I'm clinging on guys. Let me live.

The Anastasia DipBrow Pomade. Enough said. I love the flickadawris.

I've been listening to a lot of Disney movie soundtracks. Like Disney Princess movies. My friends hate it because its all I want to bump in the car. I'm retreating to childhood so I can pretend I'm not actually mere months away from going to college is my phsyc analysis.

EssieButton's channel . She's just so sweet and genuine. Adding her to my subscription list was an easy choice and I really like watching her makeup videos and then her bookshelf videos. She's just living in London & being cool & cute. Love it.

That's all for now





No comments:

Post a Comment