Thursday, December 18, 2014

firsts / broad city energy / general life appreciation day

First post. So much pressure, yo. 
I just want to share the aesthetic of my day right now. So I guess this is sort of a diary post.

I had my hardest exam today that didn't start till noon, so naturally, I slept in and felt no impulse to study for my next few exams either.

I immersed myself today totally with slightly tom-boyish vibes. I kinda felt like dressing like my personal style goddess Ilana Glazer. 

Me, pretty much an ultimate babe: 



PLEASE excuse the terrible selfie qual. This is not my standard, you'll see. I just accidentally deleted all the better ones.

Ilana, for defs an ultimate babe
I was HELLA influenced by Ilana's inconceivably relaxed vibration she's sending out at all times with just her outfit language. Didn't sport a sheer top to my exam tho, just pulled out some random American Apparel-style crop top I got at Pacsun for like $5 during one of their better sales, which still had that whole slightly inappropriate, slacker-y feel, (while still acing my tests, duh) (maybe). Grabbed my only pair of patterned leggings for some attention grabbing shit going on in my leg/ass area. $12 on sale at none other than Vickie's Secret. Such a steal, considering the pattern on them is seriously dope and detailed, and they're usually like $30 each. Also, I obvs don't have the same natrual hair wig Ilana wore during this episode depicting her platonic sex dream with Abbi, but it was def feeling more curly than per the ushe, so I was feelin it. Threw on my vintage Levi's jacket and was really feelin effortlessly cool and female stoner-esque. In true Ilana/Abbi style, I've been playing the same 'Old School Hip Hop' playlist on Spotify all day long and announcing my 'fattest ass' status to my friends. All I need to complete my transformation into a real life Ilana glazer is that FABULOUS criss-cross bralette she wears in, like, every episode.


So relatable

As for makeup, I wore foundation that was slightly too dark for my skintone (because how else would you do it, its December in Vermont, every shade is too dark for my cracker ass), eyeliner on only my lower lid (I feel like its the only makeup that looks kinda sexy halfway through the day a little smeared after you've teared up 3 separate times thinking about your impeding future, LOL.), a little cream blusher, mascara, and like 17 pounds of concealer because my undereye circles are starting to concern the adults in my life that I might be actually already dead. Or struggling with crack addiction. Or both. I threw my hair up into an effortlessly messy bun in the middle of my exam and it remained up until... wait, it's still there. 


Here's (kinda) what the makeup look is like. This is a real old picture and my brows have since become much more dramatic and my face has become so disappointingly white. crying emoji


Grabbed some pink frosted donuts on the way home as a way to reward myself for trying my best on exams, and watched Girls for approximately 3 hours, and tried to avoid studying for my Chem exam tomorrow. So, I had a lot of those 'funny girls finding themselves in New York City' FEELS floating around in my head today, which is kind of like every day and made me really look forward to those independent years of my life later on. I'm so Serious, bro dude! 

and OH MY GOD, my jam just came on this sexy ass Spotify playlist, which so reminds me of New York for some reason and I'm kind of really happy right now. Fattest asses.





Night babes! :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment