Wednesday, March 4, 2015

trippin in the city


so, I got back from New York on Monday, and we left on Thursday for Albany and stayed in the city for two nights, and let me tell you, I'm going to be drinking coffee at home for at least 3 months/forever. I love New York, but oh my god, I am so broke right now. I'm currently on a desperate job search because I need some income pretty badly now. I picked up an application for Dunkin Donuts and realized that was not a good option for me (donut addiction+working around donuts all day=diabeetus)

New York was amazing and beautiful, as usual. The one different thing about this trip was that I visited The New School (Eugene-Lange for liberal arts), and oh man, its amazing. I love everything about it. Its perfect for me. Its in the middle of New York City, its got an intimate class size, and a huge part of life TNS has to do with social justice and involving yourself in social justice projects locally or around the world. I loved it, in short. The buildings were beautiful and modern and the writing oriented curriculum really was the icing on the cake for me. I want to go there so bad, and I think if I work hard this year and get an acceptable SAT score, I could get in.  However, its also about 60K a year. I mean, you never know, I could get a ton of those random specific scholarships and maybe my grandparents will chip in. I'll keep you updated.

We stayed in the beautiful Waldorf-Astoria and splurged on some fancy-ass meals around town at the 21 Club (which was superb), and the Bull and Bear in the Waldorf. We visited classic New York stores such as Tiffany's and Bergdorf's. I ended up splurging on a Michael Kors bag (which was the real wallet-emptier), the Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Pallete in Light (which is amaze by the way, maybe I'll talk about it in a post soon about fancy makeup), and  a single long-sleeved white tee shirt. I think I have enough stuff to last me awhile.
but isn't it glorious...?
I unfortunately didn't get to take many pictures since we were only in the city for like less than 48 hours and we were running around doing a million things, but I got some cool pics of the decor inside the Waldorf and the MoMA.
bull & bear

lobby area thing

moma album covers

warhol

I was taking pictures of minimalist art when this lady threw her hand in. does life imitate art? yes
me and my pal
more of me and my pal feat me with falsies
me in front of a wall at Anthropologie while a lil bit sick
Now school is back into swing and I am pining for it to be over already, looking to maybe spending some time alone in Montreal this summer for a few weeks or other...stuff... maybe....

Doing all this college stuff and traveling is really making me want to go away for awhile soon. I hope to get out of VT this summer and do something cool and do fun stuff. Now I'm rambling so im gonna chill and let this be just a quick update on how my trip went and whats up. Prom season is coming up and that will be the one thing I'm not too cool to look forward to. Maybe I'll make a post on how to do your own makeup/maybe some hair for prom. Let me know if anybody actually read this, by the way. I feel like I'm talking to myself a little bit? 

kisses 

2 comments:

  1. I looove the Michael Kors bag! Totally worth the splurge, if you ask me ♥

    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh thank you! im totally obsessed with it, im glad at least one person hasnt told me it was a silly purchace. ❤️

      Delete