Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 and me

I've never been one for tons of New Years Resolutions or reflecting for hours on the past, but I think I'm slowly coming to a phase in my life where I can really start to make things happen for myself, and to make things happen, you really need the right mindset.

This Tumblr text post really got me thinking about who I should be reflecting myself as in 2015:

I mean, I just bought a fabulous new black faux-fur coat yesterday, and I think this is just a sign for me.


So I've decided... I'm gonna pick up smoking cigarettes this year!
KIDDINGGG!
Could you imagine?
But I will be applying this fancy confidence into my everyday life even more, by becoming the more positive, mentally independent and smart woman I know we all can be.

I want to make more art this year, I want to feel as beautiful as ever every day, I want to love passionately and stand up for what is right. I want to drink more water, keep my shit hydrated. I want to take pictures every day, rain or shine, dark or light, "good" or "bad". I want to say what I feel in the moment, instead of thinking about what I could have said or done differently later. I want to attract new friends who share my interests and my sense of humor. I want to drink red wine while laughing at the people who don't believe in the talent I possess in my interests and dreams. I want to continue to un-learn problematic behaviors as I have over 2014, and I want to achieve higher and higher goals. I know I have the potential to be great, but potential is worth nothing without the action that brings that potential up to achievements. I want all my desires and wishes to be fulfilled.
I want to grow. I will grow.

I already know 2015 will be an incredibly important year for me. I know I will be faced with many decisions and challenges. Applying to college, hopefully being accepted to college, creating works of art in photography and writing and acting that make me happy or just emotional. New friends, new experiences, new work. I'm sure relationships will be strained, I hope they survive the stress, but I also must keep in mind that this is my life, and my future, and I shouldn't slow down or dismiss opportunities for anyone else. If it all works out, thats wonderful and amazing and more than I could ever hope for, and if things change along the way, I must remember to keep in mind that the world is what I make of it.
important note for 2015

Thank you 2014, you've taught me so much and given me all the tools I need to make 2015 and beyond all I want it to be. My experiences in 2014 are so sacred and beautiful. I'm grateful for all of the precious moments I shared with my love, with my friends and with myself. I want those moments to continue with those people. So 2015, please be kind, inspire me, show me what I can do.

I wish you all the very best 2015. May you all become the person you want to be! Be safe tonight!
love u

2 comments:

  1. I kind of want to adopt that Tumblr text post, it's awesome :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete