Saturday, February 21, 2015

janurary/lil bit of feburary loves

Honestly, I'm the worst right now. You're allowed to be mad, it's been literally one full month since I've posted and I'm just like, the worst. I've been so insanely busy at school as a second semester junior. It's the craziest time for anyone who doesn't realize that. My life is a joke and I live for trips to a Chinese buffet and the drugstore at this point.

LUCKILY for good old public school, it's another week long break for me, and I'll be spending the next weekend in NYC with one of my girls and our moms (independent women 2 tha max, am I right?) I think I'll be checking out some colleges such as The New School and PACE. I'm pumped, honestly. They're kind of my dream schools (that I can't afford, but whatever! student loans, hunny!) 
Okay so I'll really try harder to post more often, but I'm really so busy. Hopefully I'll be able to post a few times over this break and when I'm back from New York to share my experiences. 

SO, I thought I'd share some obsessions of mine that I've discovered or re-discovered this month. Ready fa dis?

Rupaul's Drag Race

So I watched like, three seasons of Rupaul last year and kind of forgot about it for awhile, but I'm currently watching season 6 on Amazon Prime and my sass level has been out of control as well as my overall passion for life in this dark ass depressing ass winter. Adore Delano and Bianca Del Rio are tied for my current favorite and I won't even Google them to get a picture because I'm afraid of spoilers. I love them. I want to be like them. Bianca Del Rio reminds me of myself because shes so guarded but as Adore says "you know she loves you". I love it. And Adore is just so funny and cute and like trash queen I love it. Sorry for the lack of punctuation, I'm just excited hunny. I'm watching the TLC rap-themed episode right now and I must say it's my favorite so far. The "Oh No She Betta Don't" video slayed me, and I wish I could put it here but I really can't find it on YouTube. Just go watch yourself, queen.

American Horror Story: Coven
I have been loving this season. Obviously everyone and their grandmami have watched every season, but I'm too much of a baby to watch Asylum by myself, and I really relate to the witch thing, I think it's fucking cool. Also, I like when people tell me I look like Emma Roberts when I talk about Coven.

Broad City: Season 2

I've been freaking the fuck out about how fucking hilarious the new season of Broad City is. This show is going to run for like 50 seasons, I've been laughing fa dayss. GO enlighten yourself if you haven't already.
I love Ilana's outfits in the latest season. The Bed, Bath & Beyond scene changed me. 

Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is my life force. Honestly it's the only thing keeping me going anymore? I use it to moisturize my whole bod every night (including my face, it works wonders for the complexion). I put some in the bath, I use it to make a lip scrub, to deeply moisturize my hair since I'm growing it out, I add it to my fuckin coffee for christ's sake. Coconut oil is simply a winter must-have. I'm such a pale, dried out stringbean and the coconut oil really just deeply moisturizes unlike any lotion can, and it even can add a little glow to your skin if you use it sparingly as a cheek highlight for a dewey complexion. Love it

Fifth Harmony
Girl groups are so in, and I'm so here for the girls of Fifth Harmony. I've been jamming to their newest album Reflection. My fave track off that album is def the namesake, "Reflection". It's so hella empowering and like "girl-you-look-fly-as-hell-and-I'm-living-for-myself" vibealicious. I'm about it.


Turtlenecks
Winter must-have for high fashion looks. Yes.

Big-Ass Furry Jackets
Channel a wild animal as much as you can. It's in. The longer, the better. I love mine. I got it from Urban on sale for $60 from $223 and it's my new favorite piece. I love struttin this shit around.


Doc Martens
I just got mine this month (the plain matte black 1460's, as pictured below on the left).
We were twinning. Klassic 

The break in process has been bru-tal. There was one day where I thought I just couldn't do it anymore, but I think I'm finally just about done with that process. And so worth it, I plan on struttin around that extra inch taller all around snowy NYC. After I got the calluses off my feet, they were a new kind of comfortable. I love them. I got mine on sale for $80 at Urban, (!!!!!!!) I've worn them every day since I got them, I think, which is insane for me because I own WAY too many boots, if you didn't know that already about me. About nine pairs I think (Hoarders: Booted Alive). (Let me live) I love my Docs! Invest in them, ask for them as a gift if you can't afford them yourself, because they will seriously last until you die. Probably.

Burt's Bees Beeswax LipBalm
That is all. Literally my savior.

All Black Outfits
I still don't have enough black winter clothes, but I've been finding a way to sport some all black anyway. Very in for the depressing winter months. Keeps my icy heart insulated.

Wearing a lot of fucking mascara
I know it's ugly but I love it, bitch!



Saying "Party!" in response to everything

Saying "I'm/It's fucking cool" in response to most things

Being moderately trashy, busty drunk but still hot

Being an icy bitch while still having a heart of gold 

I've been watching Drag Race all day. Help.

bye bitches! :** love u


2 comments:

  1. The Doc Martens are brilliant. Plus, girl groups are the jam. :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! and thats for truee, I live for girl groups. :*

      Delete